Wednesday 5 September 2012

Get the iOS application for free

I've just worked out how to issue redemption codes which can be used to get the Trailer iOS app for free, and I'd like to spread a few around to get a bit feedback on how the app works.

If you'd like me to mail you a code (or more than one so that you can share with your friends), please go through the following steps:

  1. Visit http://tl-trailer.appspot.com, log in using a Google id and follow the steps on http://tl-trailer.blogspot.com.au/p/using-trailer-web-application.html to define a trail containing at least three or four landmarks you will be able to visit to test the app out.
  2. Send me an email with the URL of the trail you created, and the number of codes you would like, up to a maximum of five.  The email address for this is in near the right of the top line of the blog format (I don't want to repeat it in the text of blog posts as I am not sure whether this will result in this address starting to receive spam).  If you can't complete the trail creation process due to problems with the web app, please email me a bug report, this will do just as well as a completed trail.
  3. For at least the first ten responses I get, I'll email you back with the codes.  Whether I give people the full number they ask for will depend on demand.  If you ask for more than one code I may send a smaller number in the first instance and email again with extra ones when I can see that the first ones I sent have been used in the store and that someone has visited the zones in the trail.
The value of the app to its users will ultimately depend on the number of trails which get created and shared (either in the tl-trailer.appspot.com app or elsewhere), so I plan to continue to use redemption codes from time to time as a means of saying thank-you to people who contribute in this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment